The Road Home


September 7, 2007

I was eager to get home - and to get out of the parking garage. Seiko had quite a few comments about the ride in the elevator to the top of the parking garage and the ride to street level. Once we escapedthe labrynth, I decided we should make a short rest stop in the Garden Ridge parking lot where I usually meet other drivers on a Meezer Express run.

Seiko was happy to use the litterbox and wanted to explore the car. She had a small drink, but had no interest in food. Once she was ready to go back in the carrier we took to the road again.

The remainder of the ride was quiet. Seiko was worn out from her journey and slept most of the way.

We were home in less than an hour. I took Seiko to my bedroom where I intended to keep her isolated for several days and gradually introduce her to the rest of the Wayward Cats.


Unfortunately Sunny and Simon had different ideas and marched right on in.

Seiko made herself right at home. Within minutes she had met Simon, Sunny, Pooky and Kitty a/k/a Fat Tortie, explored every thing and claimed it all as her own. She surprised me with leaps and acrobatic jumps. Her legs were stronger and better than I ever hoped for.