Wellness Exam

August 2, 2008

It was time for Seiko's yearly check-up and vaccines. I couldn't get convenient appointment with the clinic we have used for so many years and time was getting short to update the rabies vaccine (I do not let that get out of date even by a day.)

I had always wanted Dr. Welch to give me an opinion on Seiko's legs and she had appointments available for Saturday morning, so we made the long haul drive to see Dr. Welch in Hilton Village.

Dr. Welch pronounced Seiko and even her legs perfect. Based on the photos I had, Seiko's current apppearance and ability to use her legs normally, and a very thorough orthopedic exam, she was of the opinion that the defect was caused by poor nutrition early in life. Good food and good care quickly remedied the problem. We even had Seiko walk around the room. I had hoped to impress everyone with her featherwand acrobatics, but by that time all she wanted to do was go home.

It was wonderful to see Dr. Welch again and it made me realize how much I missed having her treat my pets. I hate the drive, but it is worth it to have the reassurance that my pets are being treated with skill and compassion.