Hello Kitty

February 24, 2009

Seiko gave me quite a scare Sunday. After I came home from church, we had some cuddles and then I did a bit of cleaning and laundry.

Around 5 p.m. I realized she was not supervising me as she is wont to do. (No wonder I was getting so much done.) I called her and she did not respond. Believe it or not she usually comes when called.

I looked high. I looked low. I looked in between. I panicked.

I had been to the basement and - worse out the back door several times. Could she have gotten out?

By that time I was shrieking her name hysterically. All the other cats had gone in hiding except for William who thought food might be forthcoming - he lives in constant belief that any movement of the human means food.

Then I heard the rustling of a plastic bag. There she was peeking out of a bag holding a coat destined for the local charity clothing closet. She had found a way to get in the center of the coat and was all toasty warm and quite irritated that I woke her from a nap. She was even more annoyed when I got her fur damp with tears and kisses.

Poor little freezing kitten needs a warm hiding/sleeping spot - so I bought her a Hello Kitty comforter to crawl under. It is warm. If I'm lucky she shares it with me at night.

Bet you can't find the kitty...